1) Information on the Collection of Personal Data and Contact Details of the Data Controller
1.1 We are pleased that you are visiting our website and thank you for your interest. In the following, we will inform you about how we handle your personal data when you use our website. Personal data includes all data with which you can be personally identified.
1.2 The data controller for data processing on this website in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Meislitzer Präzisionstechnik GmbH, Haidenbach 11, A-9563 Gnesau, Austria, Tel.: +43 4278 31031, Fax: +43 4278 310314, Email: email@example.com. The data controller is the natural or legal person who alone or jointly with others decides on the purposes and means of processing personal data.
1.3 For security reasons and to protect the transmission of personal data and other confidential content (e.g., orders or inquiries to the data controller), this website uses SSL or TLS encryption. You can recognize an encrypted connection by the "https://" string and the padlock symbol in your browser's address bar.
2) Data Collection When You Visit Our Website
When you use our website for informational purposes, that is, if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect data that your browser sends to our server (so-called "server log files"). When you visit our website, we collect the following data that is technically necessary for us to display the website to you:
- Our visited website
- Date and time at the time of access
- Amount of data sent in bytes
- Source/reference from which you reached the page
- Browser used
- Operating system used
- IP address used in anonymized form
The processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6, Paragraph 1, lit. f GDPR based on our legitimate interest in improving the stability and functionality of our website. There is no further transfer or use of the data. However, we reserve the right to check the server log files subsequently if there are specific indications of unlawful use.
In order to make your visit to our website more attractive and to enable the use of certain functions, we use so-called cookies on various pages. These are small text files that are stored on your device. Some of the cookies we use are deleted after the end of the browser session, i.e., after you close your browser (so-called session cookies). Other cookies remain on your device and allow us or our partner companies (third-party cookies) to recognize your browser on your next visit (persistent cookies). When cookies are set, they collect and process certain user information to varying degrees, such as browser and location data, as well as IP address values. Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified duration, which can vary depending on the cookie.
Some of the cookies are used to simplify the order process by storing settings (e.g., remembering the contents of a virtual shopping cart for a later visit to the website). If personal data is also processed by individual cookies we use, the processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6, Paragraph 1, lit. b GDPR either for the performance of the contract or in accordance with Art. 6, Paragraph 1, lit. f GDPR to protect our legitimate interests in the best possible functionality of the website, as well as a user-friendly and effective design of your visit to the site.
Under certain circumstances, we work with advertising partners who help us make our website more interesting for you. For this purpose, cookies from partner companies are also stored on your hard drive during your visit to our website (third-party cookies). If we cooperate with the aforementioned advertising partners, you will be informed individually and separately about the use of such cookies and the scope of the information collected in the following sections.
Please note that you can configure your browser to notify you about the setting of cookies and individually decide on their acceptance or exclude the acceptance of cookies for specific cases or in general. Each browser differs in the way it manages cookie settings. This is described in the help menu of each browser, which explains how you can change your cookie settings. You can find these for the respective browsers at the following links:
Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Please note that if you do not accept cookies, the functionality of our website may be restricted.
When you contact us (e.g., via a contact form or email), personal data is collected. The data collected in the case of a contact form can be found in the respective contact form. This data is stored and used solely for the purpose of responding to your inquiry and for the associated technical administration. The legal basis for processing this data is our legitimate interest in responding to your inquiry, in accordance with Art. 6, Paragraph 1, lit. f GDPR. If your contact is aimed at concluding a contract, an additional legal basis for processing is Art. 6, Paragraph 1, lit. b GDPR. Your data will be deleted after your inquiry has been conclusively processed. This is the case when it can be inferred from the circumstances that the matter at hand has been conclusively clarified and no legal retention obligations oppose the deletion.
5) Tools and Miscellaneous
5.1 - Google Web Fonts
5.2 Google reCAPTCHA
This website also uses the reCAPTCHA function provided by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, 4 Barrow St, Dublin, D04 E5W5, Ireland ("Google"). This function is primarily used to distinguish whether an input is made by a natural person or is abusive through automated and machine processing. The service includes the transmission of the IP address and, if necessary, other data required by Google for the reCAPTCHA service to Google, and is performed in accordance with Art. 6, Paragraph 1, lit. f GDPR based on our legitimate interest in establishing individual responsibility on the internet and preventing abuse and spam. As part of using Google reCAPTCHA, personal data may also be transferred to Google LLC.'s servers in the United States.
In the event of personal data being transferred to Google LLC. in the United States, Google LLC. has certified itself under the US-European data protection agreement "Privacy Shield," which ensures compliance with the data protection level applicable in the EU. You can view the current certificate here: https://www.privacyshield.gov/list
We use Matomo, an open-source software for the statistical analysis of visitor traffic on our website. Matomo allows us to collect and analyze information about the use of our website to improve the user experience. No personal data is collected, only anonymized information.
You can fin further information here: https://matomo.org/privacy-policy/
5.4 Applications for Job Postings via Email
On our website, we advertise current job vacancies in a separate section, to which interested parties can apply via email to the provided contact address.
Inclusion in the application process requires that applicants provide us with all the personal data necessary for a comprehensive and informed assessment and selection along with the application via email. The required information includes general personal information (name, address, telephone or electronic contact information) as well as performance-specific evidence of qualifications necessary for a position. Health-related information that may be required for the applicant's social protection and consideration under labor and social security law may also be necessary.
The specific requirements for an application's consideration and the format for submitting these components via email can be found in the respective job posting.
Upon receiving the application sent via the provided email contact address, we store applicant data and evaluate it exclusively for the purpose of processing the application. For any follow-up questions that arise during processing, we will use either the email address provided by the applicant with their application or a provided telephone number at our discretion.
The legal basis for these processing activities, including contacting applicants for follow-up questions, is primarily Art. 6, Paragraph 1, lit. b GDPR in conjunction with § 26, Paragraph 1 BDSG, in the sense that going through the application process is considered the initiation of an employment contract.
If special categories of personal data under Art. 9, Paragraph 1 GDPR (e.g., health data such as information about disability status) are requested from applicants during the application process, processing will be carried out in accordance with Art. 9, Paragraph 2, lit. b GDPR so that we can exercise rights arising from labor law, social security, and social protection and meet our obligations in this regard.
Alternatively, the processing of special data categories may also be based on Art. 9, Paragraph 1, lit. h GDPR, if it serves purposes of preventive healthcare or occupational medicine, the assessment of the applicant's ability to work, medical diagnosis, care or treatment in the healthcare or social sector, or the management of healthcare or social systems and services.
If, during the evaluation described above, the applicant is not selected or withdraws their application prematurely, the data transmitted via email, as well as all electronic correspondence, including the original application email, will be deleted no later than 6 months after the notification. This period is based on our legitimate interest in being able to answer any follow-up questions regarding the application and, if necessary, to comply with our obligations under the provisions for equal treatment of applicants.
In the case of a successful application, the provided data will be further processed based on Art. 6, Paragraph 1, lit. b GDPR in conjunction with § 26, Paragraph 1 BDSG for the purpose of executing the employment relationship.
5.5 - Google Maps
On our website, we use Google Maps (API) from Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, 4 Barrow St, Dublin, D04 E5W5, Ireland (“Google”). Google Maps is a web service for displaying interactive (land) maps to visually represent geographic information. Using this service will display our location and facilitate directions.
When accessing the subpages that contain the Google Maps map, information about your use of our website (e.g., your IP address) is transferred to Google servers and stored there, which may also involve transmission to Google LLC.'s servers in the United States. This occurs whether or not Google provides a user account through which you are logged in, or if you have a user account. If you are logged in to Google, your data will be directly associated with your account. If you do not want the association with your profile on Google, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data (even for users who are not logged in) as user profiles and evaluates them. Collection, storage, and evaluation are carried out in accordance with Art. 6, Paragraph 1, lit. f GDPR, based on Google's legitimate interest in displaying personalized advertising, market research, and/or the demand-oriented design of Google websites. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, for the exercise of which you must contact Google.
5.6 - iThemes Security
What personal data we collect and why we collect it:
Under certain conditions, the IP address of visitors, the user ID of logged-in users, and the username of login attempts are logged to check the website for malicious activities and protect it from certain types of attacks. Examples of conditions for logging include login attempts, logout requests, requests for suspicious URLs, changes to website content, and password updates. This information is stored for 60 days.
Who we share your data with:
How long we retain your data:
Security logs are retained for 60 days.
6) Data Subject Rights
6.1 The applicable data protection law grants you comprehensive data subject rights (information and intervention rights) regarding the processing of your personal data by the controller, about which we inform you as follows:
- Right to information according to Art. 15 GDPR: You have the right to obtain information about your personal data processed by us, the purposes of processing, the categories of personal data processed, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage duration, or the criteria for determining the storage duration, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, objection to processing, a complaint to a supervisory authority, the source of your data if not collected by us, the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, where appropriate, meaningful information about the details involved;
- Right to rectification according to Art. 16 GDPR: You have the right to immediate rectification of incorrect data concerning you and/or the completion of your incomplete data stored with us;
- Right to erasure according to Art. 17 GDPR: You have the right to request the erasure of your personal data under the conditions of Art. 17(1) GDPR. This right does not exist, particularly if the processing is necessary for exercising the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Right to restriction of processing according to Art. 18 GDPR: You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data as long as the accuracy of your data contested by you is being verified, if you oppose the erasure of your data because of unlawful data processing and request the restriction of data processing instead, if you need your data to establish, exercise or defend legal claims after we no longer need this data after the purposes for which it was collected or if you have objected for reasons of your particular situation, as long as it has not yet been determined whether our legitimate interests prevail;
- Right to notification according to Art. 19 GDPR: If you have exercised your right to rectify, delete or restrict processing against the data controller, the latter is obliged to notify all recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been disclosed of this rectification or erasure of data or restriction of processing, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. You have the right to be informed of these recipients;
- Right to data portability according to Art. 20 GDPR: You have the right to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request its transmission to another controller, insofar as this is technically feasible;
- Right to withdraw consent pursuant to Art. 7(3) GDPR: You have the right to revoke your consent to the processing of data at any time with effect for the future. In the event of revocation, we will immediately delete the data concerned, unless further processing can be based on a legal basis for processing without consent. The revocation of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation;
- Right to lodge a complaint pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR: If you believe that the processing of your personal data violates the GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy. This supervisory authority may be located in the member state of your residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged violation.
6.2 RIGHT TO OBJECT
IF WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA BASED ON OUR LEGITIMATE INTEREST PURSUANT TO A BALANCING OF INTERESTS, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT TO SUCH PROCESSING AT ANY TIME FOR REASONS ARISING FROM YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION, WITH EFFECT FOR THE FUTURE. IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT, WE WILL CEASE PROCESSING THE DATA CONCERNED. HOWEVER, FURTHER PROCESSING IS RESERVED IF WE CAN DEMONSTRATE COMPELLING LEGITIMATE GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING THAT OVERRIDE YOUR INTERESTS, FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS, AND FREEDOMS, OR IF PROCESSING SERVES TO ASSERT, EXERCISE, OR DEFEND LEGAL CLAIMS.
IF WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR SUCH ADVERTISING PURPOSES AT ANY TIME. YOU CAN EXERCISE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT, WE WILL CEASE PROCESSING THE DATA CONCERNED FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES.
7) Duration of Personal Data Storage
The duration of the storage of personal data is determined by the respective legal basis, the purpose of processing, and, if applicable, the respective statutory retention period (e.g., commercial and tax retention periods).
When processing personal data based on explicit consent pursuant to Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR, these data will be stored until the data subject revokes their consent.
If there are legal retention periods for data that is processed on the basis of Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR for contractual or contractual-like obligations, this data will be routinely deleted after the retention periods expire, provided that it is no longer necessary for the fulfillment of the contract or initiation of a contract, and no legitimate interest on our part persists in continued storage.
When processing personal data based on Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR, these data will be stored until the data subject exercises their right to object pursuant to Art. 21(1) GDPR, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for processing that override the interests, rights, and freedoms of the data subject, or the processing serves the assertion, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
When processing personal data for the purpose of direct marketing based on Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR, these data will be stored until the data subject exercises their right to object pursuant to Art. 21(2) GDPR.
Unless otherwise indicated in the specific processing situations in the rest of this statement, stored personal data will be deleted when it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed.
You can reach us at the following address:
Meislitzer Präzisionstechnik GmbH
A-9563 Gnesau AUSTRIA
Tel.: +43 4278 31031 0